Kebbi State Confirms Killing of Vigilantes, Soldiers By Bandits

The Kebbi State Government has confirmed the killing of over Sixty Five vigilante and unspecified number of soldiers in Zurich by bandits. The State Governor, Senator Atiku Bagudu, who made the confirmation through Secretary to the government of the state, Alhaji Babale Umar Yauri, when he received on a courtesy visit the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyema. Governor Bagudu, said that, the state was making serious effort in tackling the insecurity faced by the southern part of the state as a result of banditry. “Sixty five vigilante were killed in an ambush by the bandits in the last three…

Loading

NSCDC Arrests Five Impersonators in Kwara State

Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, (NSCDC) has arrested five suspects over alleged Impersonation as Civil Defence officials from Abuja and extorting money from unsuspecting petrol stations in Ilorin metropolis. In a statement, the Command’s spokesman, Babawale Afolabi said investigations had commenced on the matter. According to him on the 8th of March, 2022 the Command’s anti vandal unit led by ACC Yusuf Ayinde Olatunji got an intelligence report that some group of men, who put on uniforms of civil defence had been going around filling stations in Ilorin metropolis claiming to be members of…

Loading

 Immigration Service Urged to Intensify Security Along Boarders

The Kaduna State Government has urged the Nigerian Immigration Service to intensify efforts in tackling security threats along the boarders that formed the zone.The Deputy Governor of the State, Dr Hadiza Balarabe, made the call when she received the Assistant Comptroller General of Nigerian Immigration Service in charge of Zone B, ACG Zainab Lawal on a courtesy call at the Government house Kaduna.Dr Hadiza Balarabe assured the new Assistant Comptroller the state government of Government’s readiness to support her while discharging her duty.She however prayed to the Almighty Allah to guide the new ACG to effectively carrying out  her job…

Loading

International Court holds genocide hearing over Ukraine war

The International Court of Justice said Tuesday it would hold genocide hearings on March 7 and 8 over the war in Ukraine, as fighting intensifies. The Hague-based ICJ, the United Nations’ top court, will open the public hearings after Ukraine lodged a complaint with the court to order Russia to stop its invasion. “The hearings will be devoted to the request for the indication of provisional measures submitted by Ukraine,” the court said in a statement. More than 660,000 people have already fled abroad, the UN refugee agency said, estimating that a million people are displaced within ex-Soviet Ukraine, which…

Loading